- Engine fluids – change before winter lay-up (oil and cooling water)
- Hoses – check from intake to exhaust for leaks and wear
- Check engine overall condition for leaks, rust and corrosion
- Thru hulls – check corrosion, function, hoses and clamps
- Batteries – check condition, charging and terminals
- Electrical – check wires and connections – stop corrosion
- Belts – check for wear, check spares
- Engine mounts – check for wear, corrosion, alignment and balance
- Shaft packing – check for excessive drips
- Engine room condition
- Too much water / condensation?
- Bilge water excessive and dirty?
- Excessive rust/corrosion on components?
- Water leaks?
Engine Maintenance Checklist
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)